Two way toothpaste
February 10, 2010, 6:58 pm
Filed under: design, Drawings | Tags: , ,

two way toothpaste
My idea this week is a two way toothpaste, ideal for those who get angry with their partner for squeezing the toothpaste from the front. Simply open the other end and squeeze from the back as demonstrated below. Also quite useful for getting the last of the paste out of the bottom.

two way toothpaste
I admit that I squeeze from the front but I hope that by recognising the problem I have taken the first steps towards becoming a better person. With thanks to my excellent illustrator friend Clare Mallison for the use of her hand. For those who like this idea see my previous genetically modified egg or my home stats doorbell. <<Follow more ideas on Twitter/Facebook, © Dominic Wilcox.

Related work
Solid aluminium toothbrush carriage case

brilliant. you’re simply a genius.

Comment by brian

Coming from a man with your Colgate surname that is perfect for this idea. If by chance you are the owner of the toothpaste brand do feel free to contact me to discuss manufacture. :)Thanks

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

so where can i buy this?? =]

Comment by Miles Vincent Grimes

I am hand crafting them so the waiting list is longer than santas.

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

This is the most amazing thing I have seen recently. YES!

Comment by Kristen

oh good, hopefully I can come up with more stuff to make you happy in future. keep checking back.

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

Obviously you’re missing the very best part of this. Surely you’ve shared a tube of toothpaste with a loved one (perhaps a sibling when you were young, or a spouse when you got older) who for some ungodly reason could NOT KEEP THE NOZZLE CLEAN. This would help all those obsessive compulsive people out there… (ahem, I mean me).

Comment by Casey

Really stupid. This “wanna-be-designer” have no idea about the manufacturing processes at all. But it is veeery funny and that what is design all about, correct? Producing this kind of toothpaste will cost more than those fancy cylindrical self-serving toothpaste you can buy already. There was a time when clever people were going to study design not just loosers who can’t study “proper” degrees.

Comment by med

Mr angry, you have completely missed the point of this website.

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

You’re wrong about manufacturing costs, it’s certainly less complex than the cylindrical self serving toothpastes. I agree with the above reply, this great site is about ideas and observations on people and the funny ways we behave not the technical things you talk about.

Comment by Marky

What an idiotic view? Missing the point I feel…

Comment by Si Chambers

[...] thanks then for this – the two way toothpaste! And well done to its pioneer, Dominic Wilcox. Have a badge young [...]

Pingback by Bathroom arguments get a right good pasting | BitterWallet

demorou demais esta idéia (genial) não tenho + dentes

Comment by geraldo magela

Obrigado!

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

[...] | VariatonsOnNormal.com Entradas que también pueden interesarte:- Como Cerrar Una Bolsa de Patatas Sin [...]

Pingback by ¿Aprovechas Toda la Pasta de Dientes? « D E P E L O T I S

[...] Ayyyyy Dominic!!! [...]

Pingback by Two Way Toohpaste «

nhááájsssz

Comment by bazsone1

Very nice, funny and intelligent. your blog is very cool…we put your two way toothpaste on our blog…let’s have a look here http://www.reservoirblog.be

Comment by RSRV

Thanks for linking..

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

My troubles are over!!!

Comment by Yes i do

[...] full tube of toothpaste and it’s been squeezed from the top rather than the bottom. Thanks to variations on normal we might have a solution to this problem my [...]

Pingback by Two Way Toothpaste

This design does work but it doesn’t solve the problem when the paste is almost depleted. It might be easier to consider using a cheaper plunger. If its going to add cost, might as well use a better solution.

Comment by MySME

Where can I get one of these? I want one just so I can screw with TSA!!!!

Comment by Scott Olsen

[...] before I can throw it away. Colgate’s product and packaging design group need to hire Dominic Wilcox ASAP for his brilliant “Two Way Toothpaste” and start making my life [...]

Pingback by SUNfiltered : Fresh culture daily. » Blog Archive » Genius idea

I can already see this coming:

“Quit squeezing from the center!”

Comment by rex

Two way Toothpaste would be a bad choice for people who religiously squeeze from the bottom. But the craftsmanship of the prototype is exquisite.

Comment by Sumner Brown

Como diseño es gracioso pero si las personas que van a compartir la pasta de dientes tienen que salir al mismo tiempo tardarián menos si una ayudase a la otra a la dosificación y casi seguro no se quedaban los dos tapones abiertos , con el consiguiente enfado por quien lo cerró y quien no.

Comment by mari carmen

Were Keetra Dean Dixon’s “Objects of Co-dependency” your source of inspiration for this?

Comment by Marcus

no but they look fun.

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!What a guy!!!!!!!!! This is a great idea, Please, please put this two-way toothpaste into production,it will be a SELL-OUT

Dominic you have a wonderful creative and fun imagination. Just love this website – very funny

Comment by Kathy

[...] to Larry from CHiPs) is a f***ing genius. And thank God he put his talents to use solving the great Toothpaste Tube Crisis and not something stupid, like, say curing cancer. Posted by: Nikki at 9:08 AM Labels: [...]

Pingback by Tube Man « Badder Homes & Gardens

Well this is genius, my children could save so much time by having a toothbrush at each end with one squeeze in the middle.

Comment by Essex

[...] Two Way Toothpaste Two way toothpaste is ideal for those who get angry with their partner for squeezing the toothpaste from the front. [link] [...]

Pingback by 12 Brilliant and Useful Inventions | crazyegg.net

[...] and creative visions on his site Variations On Normal. This idea, posted earlier this year, is the Two Way Toothpaste — “ideal for those who get angry with their partner for squeezing the toothpaste from [...]

Pingback by paper tastebuds » Blog Archive » a happy relationship : two way toothpaste

Im loving your ideas! There’s a whole lot of humor, yet when you really think about it, very useful. Thank you for this.

Comment by Essex SEO

Where can i get this from ? I am a dentist and i need it for my patients .
Brilliant IDEA!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Dr.Urvashi

Absolutely great idea! Now one may wonder why someone did not think of it much earlier.

Comment by Arvind Deshpande

very nice but I think past way is better

Comment by hamed