Genetically Modified Egg Improvement Design
July 14, 2009, 2:08 pm
Filed under: Drawings | Tags: ,

Egg

What came first the egg cup or the egg? In this case both. I love my dippy egg with soldiers and my GM design shown here would take nature to new heights. Though as my friend Claudia said, ‘that would be rather painful’. If you like this idea check out my two way toothpaste or my home stats doorbell.
You can keep up to date with my work via links on the left.  Follow me on Twitter or facebook on the left for more ideas © Dominic Wilcox 2009

Great modification, but yes, this would be painful unless you genetically modify hens to have square bums. Just a thought.

Love it.

Comment by Natasha

Now you need to develop a spoon that would still enable the eater to scoop those last bits of egg-white out.

Comment by Mary

clever clogs

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

You might be interested in this short story by Saki

Comment by James

Perhaps the title of ‘Squegg’ would be suitable.

(I shall claim a modest 5% of any profits)

Comment by stuperhuman

Like it. my people will talk to your people.

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

The inventor of the traditional egg carton, Mr Joseph Coyle of Smithers, British Columbia would have to devise a new way of protecting your ‘squeggs’ against stresses exerted during transportation, however.

But, seen as he’s dead, I guess someone else will have to do it.

Comment by Dirty Scarab

poor chicken 🙂

Comment by Ricardo

the laying wouldn’t be that painful but more a mess.
Because with the loss of its shape the egg also would lose its static and therefore brake while passing the rectum or at least when it drops on the ground on the ground ^^

Comment by toni

[…] trabalho do designer Dominc Wilcox, que facilitaria muito nossa vida na hora de comer. Eu fico com pena do c%#$^ da galinha! […]

Pingback by Ovo geneticamente modificado | Marketing na Cozinha

i love your concept!

this may cause harm to those egg cup lovers out there though! haha

Comment by ella

I’m sure egg cup designers would soon invent little leg attachments for this new design. or mini wheels for mobility.

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

very smart

Comment by Daniel Buxton

did you know that in the egg nature has created a super strong structure.

Try this out:

Put an egg in the centre of your palm – try and crush it with one hand…cannae ****** do it

Comment by Dan Lane

just got egg all over my hand 😦

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

really?! dammit sure it worked the last time i tried. I will have to try it out again…

Comment by Dan Lane

Pure genius. While you’re at it, I suggest you add salt and pepper – evenly distributed throughout the egg…

Comment by Elneff

You should really remember to credit Carl Barks for this ide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_the_Andes! :p

Comment by Anders

Not the same idea, but I love donald duck! (well he’s a bit irritating sometimes) nice find 🙂

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

very useful egg, love it!

Comment by объявления

[…] friend Clare Mallison for the use of her hand. For those who like this idea see my previous genetically modified egg.© Dominic Wilcox 1 Comment 1 Comment so far Leave a […]

Pingback by Two way toothpaste « Variations on normal by Dominic Wilcox

but it may very painful to pull it down from the chicken

Comment by dfromhungary

[…] out more of Dominic Wilcox’s ideas here including a genetically modified egg that doesn’t require an egg cup – not sure what the chicken would look like […]

Pingback by why didn’t i think of that? » Timezoneone Blog

Don’t modify the shape; modify the plasticity of the shell. This isn’t just a “shell game.” Since some reptile eggs have leathery shells, identifying the gene should feasible. A flexible shell material would be easier for the hen to pass and could be molded to any shape. For example, you could flatten it so that hard-boiled eggs come out looking like fried eggs or so that the eggs become stackable like CDs. Flat eggs would cook faster, too. The energy saved would make Dr. Suess’ dream possible: gren eggs and ham! And imagine how much further back one could stand while throwing Frisbee (TM)-shaped eggs at houses, thus allowing the thrower a faster eggscape.

Comment by Rich Wheeler

I’m no biologist but wouldn’t you have to modify the hen to conceive this new egg? And wouldnt that be a lot harder than modifying a single egg by itself?

Comment by JC