Doorbell with inbuilt visitor statistics display
June 14, 2009, 5:27 pm
Filed under: Drawings

Doorbell with inbuilt visitor statistics display

Website stats are an obsession for some people. How many visitors? What age are they? How long do they spend on the site? The list goes on. Here is my idea to take this statistical obsession one step further. A doorbell with built in home visitor statistics display. (C) Dominic Wilcox

About these ads

Love it. This explains the fallacies of Website stats better than any explanation I have used in the past 10 years. Thank you!

Comment by Win

You’re welcome…

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

This is probably going to be commonplace in the future, with our computer-outfitted houses and cyborg implants which identify us and communicate with all surrounding electronics. (see “Kevin Warwick”)

well, what of privacy?

Comment by ppk

if this is a real thing, i bet lots of ppl would buy it.
kinda fun just to look at it.

Comment by robb

I’m sure the guards at gated communities already have this technology. I wonder what one could do with that information in a public sphere though. Tailor their apartment to get the most “hits” possible?

Comment by visionsofsomething

Yes there will be blogs about how to improve your home stats through home decor improvements. And even how to hack the doorbell to bump up the numbers.

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

[...] might just be the thing to get some of us away from the computer – Doorbell with inbuilt visitor statistics display by Dominic Wilcox Subscribe to comments Comment | Trackback | Post [...]

Pingback by No Smarties » Visitor stats

This kinda doorbell would work once we all have RDIF implants like animals, but in security these stats are available where everyone entering a building has to use a swipe card.

Comment by tele2002

[...] Read Dominic’s full blog here. [...]

Pingback by A statistic to far? « Tunicca Pre-Media Blog

[...] Via: Variationsonnormal [...]

Pingback by A Hi-Tech Doorbell with Visitor Stats Display | Walyou

[...] Would you like to opt for this unusual doorbell depends entirely on whether you want others to know who visits you ;). Inspired by visitor statistics on websites, this doorbell can have extended usage in terms of security. It is definitely an idea way ahead of its time and may find a more decorative-to-have usage now. Via: Variationsonnormal [...]

Pingback by Technology Info » A Hi-Tech Doorbell with Visitor Stats Display

simple communication :) rocking post

Comment by designamigo

Haha nice post, i rly like it.. where can i buy this thing? :D

Comment by Paw hellegaard

Go into my mind, take the second left and its a shop on the corner.

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

I would want to add referrer details (“who told you where I live?”) and bounce rate (“hi, can I come in?” “no”) and also set up a conversion funnel to measure drop-off between front door and bedroom.

Er, the last bit is a slightly creepy idea, but there’s no other room in the house that it makes sense for; who would measure door-to-kitchen conversion? So, for the sake of the joke, I am willing to look slightly creepy.

Comment by yo_daniel

[...] pamatęs. Iš karto aišku, kas šiame name gyvena. Šiuo vaizdeliu pridedu naują temą tinklaraštyje „savaitgalis“ – nerimtiems įrašams, [...]

Pingback by Namų statistika

Funny idea :D

Comment by Sapnininkas

[...] This is the Internet geek doorbell. I am wondering how to you get all your visitors to tell their weight to a doorbell? Does this doorbell come with a special doormat that also guesses age? More on variations on normal. [...]

Pingback by My new doorbell : Broerse Blog

[...] LINK データ, ドアベル, 表札 [...]

Pingback by noir et blog - くろ。とブログ» Blog Archive » おもしろい表札。

I want one! So awesome! Plus: Helps to keep your visitors in shape!

Comment by robs

What about the name? I say: Homestats©

Comment by c-ma

WTF are the Referrers?

Comment by pantoffelpunk

Does it upload to a website? I’d have an embarrassingly small number of “followers.”

Comment by Dan Murray

That facility is on the pro model.

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

great ideas. I always follow your ideas and apply them.

Just one question though. Have you made writing this blog as your profession or do you do this in your spare time?

Just curious..

Comment by interior designers

Well, this blog is one thing I do but i also do lots of other things, you can see some of my projects on http://www.dominicwilcox.com. Thanks Dominic

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

I think I must marry you.

Comment by Akila

but we’ve only just met. :)

Comment by mrdominic (admin)

I dit not get the same out of the articel, but i still like it:)

Comment by billige mobiler

[...] Variations normal ¡Rediseña tu vida: fotomurales y vinilos decorativos! ¿No has [...]

Pingback by Timbre con control de visitas | Domokyo

I want one! I’m proud of the 100 unique visitors to my appartment, so I want to share my stats!

Comment by Marco Castroni